Employment opportunities require applicants to be highly motivated and results driven with a commitment to outstanding customer service. Physical mobility and stamina are required. Energy, enthusiasm and attention to detail are necessary to work with our team to ensure we exceed our guest's expectations.
All staff work on a rotating schedule to include weekends. Housekeeping hours 8AM - 3:30PM
Objective is for applicant to provide a high standard of cleanliness throughout our local independent hotel. Be able to clean up to 10 rooms per day based on an eight hour day in accordance to our inn's standards. Physical mobility and stamina are required.
Responsibilities, Qualities & Expectations
To ensure an immaculate, healthy, welcoming appearance of the facilities of Wilson Lake Inn by monitoring and cleaning assigned areas, have positive attitude and work cooperatively with other staff members.
1. Clean assigned areas as directed
2. Assist other staff as necessary, to complete regular and special assignments. Monitor spaces for cleanliness, appearance and safety.
Perform essential day to day tasks and/or responsibilities of the position in order of importance and any other assigned tasks. Thoroughly, effectively, and carefully within the recommended time frame clean assigned areas so that Wilson Lake Inn standards of cleanliness are maintained and work to exceed all the needs of our guests.
Perform any combination of light and heavy cleaning duties to maintain the buildings, lobby, guest rooms, housekeeping area, laundry room, laundromat, storage room, supply room in a clean and orderly manner. Duties include shampooing rugs, washing walls and windows and removing rubbish, watering window planters, washing outdoor furniture. To ensure all vertical and horizontal surfaces are cleaned and polished.
To include performing routine maintenance activities to including replacing light bulbs, cleaning air conditioner filters, toilet tanks, sweeping porches and steps, and notifying management of need for repairs. Also clean and maintain tools and equipment such as vacuums, carpet extractor etc.
As a part our staff, housekeepers are regularly assigned to a variety of different spaces for cleaning. Housekeeping staff are expected to perform all assignments to the very best of their ability; regardless of the space they are assigned. In addition, effective team and interpersonal skills such as friendliness, professionalism, cooperation and diligence is expected.
Personal Qualities and Expectations:
- Cooperation & Attitude: Willingness to work harmoniously with others. To have ability to accept constructive criticism, work to make improvements, have positive attitude and be helpful to all other staff members.
- Communication: Possess good listening and communication skills. Be able to communicate your needs and requests of others in a positive informative way. Follow directions and ask for clarification when necessary.
- Quality of Work: Consistently perform all tasks as required or requested with few errors with minimal supervision.
- Quantity of Work: Work to best of ability to complete assignments in reasonable time, be organized and minimizing wasted time.
- Initiative: Be self motivated, resourceful, have ability to plan work and go ahead with assignments without being told every detail and work to be a self starter.
- Dependability: Follow written and oral instructions, listen well and complete all daily assignments as directed consistently. Be on time for work; give required notice of illness.
- Customer Service: Have ability of anticipate and meet customer needs. Being courteous to others, friendly and warm helping attitude in assisting guests and fellow staff members.